What energizes you?
Here’s a quick list of things that energize me – I hope they inspire you to think about the things that energize you. If you don’t know what those things are yet, it’s time for you to do some self reflection (I suggest journaling: try penzu.com if you like typing). If I didn’t have my list of go-to energizers when the world felt like it was against me, I would be a miserable human being.
The list (8 because it’s my favorite number):
1. Acting like a 4 year old. Yoga included jumping today. Jumping up and down like a 4 year old, waving my arms, shaking my head, giggling. It felt good to be silly in a practice that is usually serious, emotional, and self reflective. I’ve also been surrounded by 1.5 – 4 year olds lately thanks to babysitting gigs and my new favorite beach spot. We build sandcastles, sing songs like “if you’re happy and you know it” at the top of our lungs, dance, and talk about important things, like the animals at the aquarium, our favorite snacks, and how much we like things that sparkle. The world would be a better place if people stopped being so serious all the time and acted like (fun, not cranky) 4 year olds every once in a while.
2. Taking risks. Rope swinging into rivers, country dancing with my 76 year old grandma, swimming in the ocean at night, doing turkish getups with heavy weights, going above my head in the ocean when there are big waves, shopping at Whole Foods on a small budget… Taking risks makes my heart pound and adrenaline rush, reminding me how awesome it is to be alive.
3. Moving. Walking, swimming, jumping, building, running, trying to handstand, kayaking, hiking…When I’m moving, I’m happy.
4. Healthy food. I’m obsessed with spinach, 100% dark chocolate, blueberries, almonds, green apples, and almond butter. When I eat them, I feel like a million bucks.
5. Spending Time with Authentic People. It’s refreshing to be with people who love who they are, what they believe, and live their lives confidently and passionately.
6. Starfish. If you know me you know why I love starfish. As Alex and Ani put it so well, “The starfish is a resilient creature that constantly regenerates, intuitively navigates the sea, and directly impacts its ecological community.”
7. Music. Wakes me up, helps me move, gives me hope.
8. Black Iced Coffee. This is the first summer that I’ve started religiously drinking iced coffee. When I drink it, I swear my productivity and energy levels triple. My new love for the stuff inspired a recent Bella Blend. Try it out to get energized!
Mocha Iced Coffee Blend: Ice, Coffee, 100% Cocoa Powder, Cinnamon (if you like it sweet, add stevia & if you like milk, add milk)
I love it! Here are some things that energize me: being around people, getting enough sleep, being great at whatever I am doing, getting regular exercise, having something to work toward and look forward to and being with my family. -Leah
Thinking about your wedding energizes me 😀
That is a great sand castle.
Thanks Dave! You should build one in CA! 🙂